Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

{8 Weeks}

Month 2 {September}

How Far Along: 8 beautiful weeks!

Favorite Maternity Clothes: In my regular clothes still…I’ve heard it’s the luxury of a first baby ;-)

Best moment this month: Seeing baby’s heartbeat at the Dr’s office at 7.5 weeks…what an answer to prayer! Kenny and I were overwhelmed with thankfulness!

Movement: Only that little heartbeat!

Food Cravings/Aversions: For the most part, feeling great. Did hit a rough patch week 6 with food aversions and minor waves of nausea…downing the water!

What I miss: Bye-Bye sushi…

Sleep: I heart sleep.

What I am looking forward to: Passing that First Trimester milestone…we are learning to trust the Lord in new ways and are thankful for every day I have the privilege of carrying this child! (But oh man, it will feel good/reassuring to get to 12 weeks!)

Belly Changes: Jeans are beginning to feel a little tight when I’m sitting… ah, the beauty of unbuttoning ;-)

Symptoms: Fatigue, food aversions, minor nausea, excess trips to the restroom…

Prayer for this month: Beginning to pray for specific parts of baby’s body that are forming. I’m enjoying reading the pregnancy books mom gave me and they have been a great guide to help me know what to pray for. May baby’s feet bring good news, may her hands hold loosely to the world and firmly to her Father, may his mind grow in the knowledge and wisdom of his Savior…


5.5 week ultrasound showing a well-formed yolk-sac and a little shadow of a baby :)


7.5 week ultrasound showing beginnings of placenta and a little peanut with arm and leg buds!
At our 7.5 week scan, we also saw the heartbeat for the first time...such a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment