Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

{12 Weeks}

Month 3 {October}

How Far Along: 12 weeks! What an answer to prayer - Sayonara, first trimester!

Favorite Maternity Clothes: Found some great bargains on maternity clothes at Gap outlet and various local consignment stores! I haven’t worn any yet, but I’m getting ready to begin using the BellaBand with my regular jeans…you know “it’s that time” when your pants are unbuttoned more than they are buttoned. ;-)

Best moment this month: Seeing baby Sinclair wiggle and dance around on the ultrasound at 9 weeks…and then hearing it on the Doppler at 12 weeks - the sweetest sound my ears have ever heard…and I’ve heard a lot of beautiful music. :)

Movement: I felt a few flutters…or what I thought could be… beginning at 11 weeks. I guess time will tell if it was “for real” or not once they get stronger. I’m pretty sensitive, so I think I really did feel something, although I know it’s a bit early.

Food Cravings/Aversions: The week finally came when I could not…to my dismay…eat at the Indian Food Buffet after church on Sunday. * sigh * Weeks 10-12 have been the roughest so far - nothing seems to sound good...my two cravings have been Arby's curly fries (with cheese, of course) and chocolate milkshakes (super healthy). I lost the 3 lbs I put on at my 8 week...but the doctor said that was just fine...and to enjoy my curly fries - he'll tell me if I've gained too much ;-)

What I miss: Random foods that sound good just because I know I can’t have them. I think a lot about bagels and lox (smoked salmon) from Kenny & Zuke's in Portland, OR :)

Sleep: I heart sleep…still.

What I am looking forward to: Finding out if baby Sinclair is a boy or girl - which will be Christmas week! This is one excited mama :)

Belly Changes: Hello, BellaBand.

Symptoms: Getting energy back! Major food aversions, nausea (finally threw up for the first time at 12 weeks, ha), excess trips to the restroom…

Prayer for this month: Father, may our lives, and the life of this child bring you glory!


Here's baby's photo from our 9.5 week ultrasound :)

We took a video on my iphone of our 9.5 week ultrasound - you can see our wonderful Doctor explaining what's on the screen...and baby dancing away in the beginning! Considering I stand next to the drums playing the guitar/leading worship at church, like, 8 hours a week, I think baby is bound to love music :)



And at 12 weeks, Kenny and I heard sweet baby's heartbeat for the first time using a Doppler (running around 160 BPM). How nerdy do I look/sound/act? I was SO thrilled :)


We are treasuring every precious moment!
{Soli Deo Gloria}

4 comments:

  1. 160, sounds like a boy :)
    So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop making me cry Jenn!! :) You have the beautiful pregnancy glow! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you guys! I wanted to let you know that we will actually be in Oregon from December 20 to January 4. We will mostly be in Medford, but we are also planning to head up to Salem for a few days. Let me know your schedule and I really hope we can meet up!

    ReplyDelete