Pregnancy Ticker

Sunday, December 11, 2011

{16 Weeks}

Month 4 {November}

How Far Along: 16 weeks!

Favorite Maternity Clothes: No more buttoning of the jeans for this mama – I haven’t moved to maternity pants yet and am getting by currently with the BellaBand. Hoping to buy a second one soon! I’ve worn 2-3 maternity shirts just because I love the length of them so they’ll cover the BellaBand completely.

Best moment this month: Feeling baby’s first strong flutter at the Cincinnati Symphony celebrating Kenny’s 30th birthday last weekend! Baby must have enjoyed Rimsky-Korsakov’s “Scheherazade” …and tympani!

Movement: Can’t wait to feel more – especially when Kenny can feel it, too. I know that will be such a special moment for us to experience together!

Food Cravings/Aversions: The strong aversions have passed, which is really nice. Indian & Mexican food (formerly my favorites) are both still not options…it’s crazy how hormones change your palate. Also realized I’ve been enjoying Skyline Chili more recently, and milkshakes. Especially Chik-Fil-a’s Peppermint Milkshakes.

What I miss: Smoked Salmon…why can’t I stop thinking about it?! {get a grip}

Sleep: I noticed in the past week I’ve begun getting up more often at night to use the restroom (and during the day) – We’re considering turning the bed so I don’t have to go through a labyrinth in the dark, without my contacts in, jumping over both sleeping dogs…to the restroom. ;-)

What I am looking forward to: Four weeks until we find out if Baby is a boy or girl…FOUR WEEKS!!! {breathe}

Belly Changes: I’ve definitely popped out a little just in the past week. If I’m wearing a baggy sweatshirt, it’s not super noticeable….but in a regular cotton shirt, there’s definitely a little bump! Kenny lovingly exclaimed to me yesterday, “You look poochy!!” Thanks, dear.

Symptoms: Definitely dealing with some hormonal pregnancy tears/outbursts this month! Sorry, Kenny :)

Prayer for this month: Father, may I continue to focus my eyes on You during this season. May the words I speak and the things I do reflect You to this precious baby - even while he/she is inside my womb…

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like feeling those first little flutters!

    And I don't even want to remember how many Chick fil A cookies and cream shakes I consumed during my pregnancy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little salmon will not hurt you! You are looking so precious and I am still keeping up with you even though many miles separate us.
    Did you cook Ginger Chicken yet?
    Love you and Blessings of strength to you!

    ReplyDelete