Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, December 22, 2011

{20 Weeks}

{ Month 5 }

How Far Along: 20 weeks - halfway!

Favorite Maternity Clothes: This is such a fabulously awkward clothing stage. :) So, my pants all fit with the BellaBand…and I have some cotton maternity shirts…but I can’t find dressier (think: attractive) maternity clothes that I really love. I’m going to hit up some non-maternity clearance racks for larger sizes and baggier styles (i.e. Gap, Fossil, Anthro) in hopes to find some nicer shirts/tunics to wear with leggings.

Best moment this month: There were TWO!

{1} Our 20-week ultrasound! My heart was full to overflowing seeing the answer to our prayers for a child on the ultrasound screen – what a miracle, and what a God we serve! We watched baby reach for his/her toes, yawn, and kick. The ultrasound tech had one hand on the wand, and the other was handing me tissues ;-)

{2} Our baby gender reveal family party! We’re having a sweet baby BOY!!



Movement: Kicks, swooshes, rolls and flips…this baby loves to move! Kenny felt the baby kick for the first time last week (19 weeks) and that was a sweet moment to share together…I wish I could have photographed the smile on his face. Mom (Nana-to-be) was so hoping to get to feel a kick, and FINALLY got a good hard one right in the palm a few nights ago…those of you who know her can imagine her expression, I’m sure. ;-)

Food Cravings/Aversions: Hello, appetite. My only serious craving has been Kashi’s Berry Blossom cereal…like, 3 bowls a day. Still averse to Indian. Boo.

What I miss: A Jersey Mike’s Club Sub this month ;-)

Sleep:
Still sleeping well, used to getting up at night…except when I’m coooooold. I can’t wait to get up to a BABY!

What I am looking forward to: Meeting/holding/kissing/squeezing our sweet little BOY!

Belly Changes: I love watching my tummy grow, imagining the precious one in side! Enjoying the journey of pregnancy…not freaking out about the lbs and enjoying every minute :)

Symptoms: Easily overwhelmed (bawled all the way through the movie “Eight Below”), hormonal, over-the-top maternal instincts, HUNGRY!

Prayer for this month: Lord, is it really possible that You, the King of Creation, came to earth in the very form you are fashioning inside me…a tiny baby? How we worship at the manger of the King of Kings this advent season, so thankful that you became GOD with US…Emmanuel! What a mystery...I am more in awe than ever.


Here we are soon after finding out we're having a SON!


Then today, Kenny's mom and I hit up some baby consignment stores for boy clothes and Buybuy Baby to put final touches on our registry. I was rather proud to finally be able to park in the special "Expectant Mother" spot ;-)

Um...we went crazy. All this for under $100!!
I heart bargains. And tiny things. And my son :)



Kenny and I are overwhelmed with JOY!
Micah Daniel Sinclair
"Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him." {Psalm 127:3}




1 comment:

  1. I was talking to a good friend about gender revealing parties and thought of you guys. So I just had to check out your blog to see if you had found out about your little one. Congratulations on your little Micah! So happy for you. Merry Christmas you three!

    ReplyDelete