Pregnancy Ticker

Sunday, March 4, 2012

{28 Weeks}

{Month 7}

How Far Along: 28 weeks

Favorite Maternity Clothes: Enjoying the few maternity pants I
purchased, but since I’m carrying so low, sometimes I still feel like
they cut into my hips/belly…so I’m usually pretty happy to get home
and change into “comfies” :-)

Best moment this month: Feeling Micah’s hiccups for the first time –
I’m pretty sure he’s the cutest baby in the world ;-)

Movement: It is so reassuring to feel him move all the time – I love
knowing that he’s okay every time I feel a little roll or kick.

Food Cravings/Aversions: I finally feel like my taste buds are totally
back to normal, and I’m craving Indian again…score! I haven’t had any
aversions recently and my appetite is still up…I gained 7 pounds at my
28-week appointment, but didn’t feel too bad about that since my
overall weight gain seems reasonable (15 lbs?)… and I’m eating
well! Hey, if my body is telling me I need more nourishment, I’m not
going to argue with it! ;-)

What I miss: Lunchmeat… a Jersey Mike’s Club Sub sounds so decadent!

Sleep: My hips and pelvis are beginning to ache at night no matter
what position I sleep in, which makes it hard to fall back asleep when
I get up to use the restroom….and it’s totally worth it!! :-D

What I am looking forward to: Celebrating the anticipation of Micah’s
arrival with friends and family at upcoming showers!

Belly Changes: I’ve really grown the most between 24 and 28 weeks…my
belly button is completely flat and I keep catching myself in the
mirror and thinking, “Whoa, I am really pregnant!”

Symptoms: Back aches, Braxton hicks, increased appetite and complete
happiness!

Prayer for this month: Kenny and I have begun to pray for the labor
and delivery. We know that we can do all things through Christ who
strengthens us (Phil 4:13) and have been asking for an extra measure
of strength, courage and wisdom for that special day. We also pray for
Micah’s health and wellness throughout L&D, for our doctor and nurses,
and possible complications. My heart lightens when I give these
details over to the Lord and allow His peace to cover my fears!


No comments:

Post a Comment