Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

{24 Weeks}

{Month 6}

How Far Along: 24 weeks!

Favorite Maternity Clothes: GAP maternity jeans I bought this week – what was I THINKING trying to stretch the use of the bellaband?! They are a-mazing.

Best moment this month: Putting together the nursery! Kenny and his mom painted it a light earthy peach-ish/brown over Christmas vacation ...and I enjoyed purchasing some artwork on etsy.com, helping kenny put together our white Jenny Lind crib, and sitting in the rocking chair day-dreaming. :) We also spent week 24/25 of the pregnancy with Kenny's family in Oregon...hence, the beach photo above. No, Cincinnati did not acquire a lovely beach-scape ;-)

Movement: Micah moves a lot! And the kicks and punches are getting stronger (ooff!). I love feeling him, it’s so reassuring.

Food Cravings/Aversions: Zero aversions. Major appetite! At my 24 week appointment, I put on some weight, so I’ve gained 12 lbs so far…I don’t know what that means, but they said it was “good weight gain”…I plan to just keep eating ;-) I’m doing my best to pick healthy choices for this sweet boy!

What I miss: Spicy tuna sushi rolls!

Sleep: Sleeping great, so thankful. It’s just a matter of time before my precious sleep is interrupted by a MORE precious baby boy!

What I am looking forward to: Starting our Bradley Method birth classes on Feb 6th, and finishing up our registry. Every detail of preparation is such a sweet reminder of the precious gift of this child!

Belly Changes: Behold, the bump!

Symptoms: Back aches, especially in the morning and nighttime…realizing my body gets sore doing things I always used do and that’s a little frustrating because it’s hard to admit you’re needy! Some Braxton hicks, but not many (usually when I overdo it – oops).

Prayer for this month: Lord, you know the cry of my heart: that Micah would come to know you personally at an early age. I pray, Father, that his heart would be bent toward you, even now- and that he would have a deep love for Your Word and desire to follow after you all the days of his life. Give Kenny and I the power, through your spirit, to shepherd his little heart.

1 comment: